4.19.2009

Gracie Lou's 1!

Gracie turned 1 on April 17th! I can't believe that it has already been a whole year since she was born...time flies! My parents flew in on Thursday and my brother drove here on Friday. I was already here because I have been off-track and was able to spend the last week here in Vernal to help Kristen paint her living room and kitchen. We had a big party at a local park on Saturday. We had a good time visiting with Rick's family and Rick and Kristen's friends. Gracie, on the other hand, didn't have such a good time. She has had constipation problems since she was just a few months old. Unfortunately, she got really constipated the day of her party. She was able to "go" about halfway through her party and then slept the other half...she was EXAUSTED! She was able to eat her cake and open her presents later that night. Here are a few pictures of all the festivities:


The birthday girl!

Sleeping on Grandma Dawna at the party

Eating her birthday cake

Riding the car she got from the Kwocks

Riding the car she got from Grandma Wendy and Grandpa Phil

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I forgot how close in age Hunter and Gracie are! I can't believe how fast time goes and I remember when I talked to you last year about helping with the nursery, seems like yesterday! Gracie is very cute and I think she really looks like your sister and you.

P.S. Ella had serious problems with constipation when she was only 6 months old, I know how hard that can be on the little ones. Tell Kristin that they do grow out of it eventually and she should try prune juice with a little melted butter in it (that was Nicole's tip), if she has not tried that yet.

nicole said...

So cute! Doesn't time go by so fast. Mersadie will be one in a couple weeks. I love the last picture, the pink car looks like fun!
It seems like forever since I have seen you, I love the updates on your blog though it is fun to see what is going on in your life.
oh and the prune juice and butter trick does usually work pretty well. :)

simmons said...

Oh my gosh... I swear me you and Cammie just went to dinner the other day and your sister and I were expecting any day. Now she is one Mack is almost one, and Cammie has a baby too! Crazy! Time goes way to fast and we haven't seen you forever! We need to plan something soon!
I hope you are doing wonderful… and next time you go to get cupcakes call me!!!

Brittany said...

I think we all need to get together soon. I think Ashley said she might be in Utah at the end of June/Beginning of July, and we can always come out that way too. Now we just need Nicole to come to Utah!